New research suggests that vital exhaustion, a marker of psychological distress, may raise the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease. Continue Reading
New research suggests that vital exhaustion, a marker of psychological distress, may raise the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
Stress gives higher risk of Alzheimer’s disease
How-to: Get a ripped abs and flat stomach
It’s the one common thing everyone would probably agree on wanting, yet they’d all disagree on how to say it. For example, some people may want washboard abs, others may prefer a flat stomach. You might want to get six pack abs, but your friend might want ripped abs. Person X would love to have chiseled abdominals, yet Person Y would rather have a slim sexy core. No matter which way you say it (and for the record, I find 99.9% of these ways absolutely hilarious) they all mean the same thing. Continue Reading
The influence of electronic cigarettes on the organism
An electronic cigarette is a device that works similarly to an inhaler. During inhalation, a liquid in the form of vapor enters the body. The sensations at the same time arise almost the same as when inhaling the smoke of a regular cigarette. The smoking fluid is filled with special cartridges that, after use, are replaced or refilled. Nicotine can be added or not added as a part of the liquid compound. The main argument, which leads the fans of electronic cigarettes in favor of this device is the absence of this substance and combustion products released during the smoking of conventional cigarettes.
In general, the electronic cigarette does not bring anything but harm to health, and American specialists arrived to this conclusion. Employees of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have selectively analyzed cartridges for refilling electronic cigarettes. The study showed the presence of carcinogenic substances that contribute to the development of oncological diseases. In addition, the actual composition of the liquid did not always correspond to that stated by the manufacturer. For example, nicotine was found in the non-nicotine composition of the smoking fluid.
All flavors that “fill” electronic gadgets, penetrate the human lungs. And they are affected, and not superficially, but at the deepest, cellular level.
Employees of the University of North Carolina presented the results of their study, during which it was found that the longer the vapor steam lingers in the lungs is, the greater the harm is.
Due to the lack of strict control, it is almost impossible to recognize the dosage of certain substances. Even if the package says that this device is low in nicotine, no one can really verify this fact. In the case of electronic cigarette, the declared amount of nicotine and other substances often does not coincide with their actual content. A person thinks that once he bought an electronic cigarette, he now smokes less, but in fact, it may have even more nicotine than a regular cigarette has. So, what kind of rejection of nicotine can be there?
What harm from electronic cigarettes can get vessels:
- nicotine consumption, regardless of the form of its production, it accelerates the heart rate;
- according to a study, e-cigarette consumers are vulnerable to the same vascular diseases as smokers.
In any way the consumption of nicotine, regardless of whether it is smoking or soaring, is absolutely contraindicated for diseases of the stomach and related. This substance enhances the secretion of hydrochloric acid, which destroys the stomach wall and indirectly affects the state of the digestive system, reducing appetite. As a result, a person begins to take long breaks between meals, which is prohibited for people with a sore stomach.
The harm of electronic cigarettes with liquid compound, in which there is no nicotine, does not disappear. Manufacturers add alcohol, menthol, capsaicin to “zero liquids”. This makes the non-nicotine fluid taste more familiar to consumers, and has an effect on the stomach similar to the effect of nicotine.
The effects of using the palm oil on the health
As part of the products can often be found ingredient “palm oil”. How is palm oil fundamentally different from other vegetable oils?
The main component of palm oil is palmitic acid. It is associated with the most dangerous and common non-communicable diseases – primarily cardiovascular diseases. In the past few decades, research has proven that the harm of palm oil is due to an excess of palmitic acid. Saturated fatty acids increase the level of cholesterol in the body, disrupt enzymes, develop atherosclerosis – the most common chronic disease of the arteries.
The oil from the pulp of the tree is inexpensive, has a creamy pleasant taste and aroma, so for confectionery (and not only) it fits perfectly, that’s why manufacturers use it. Products with the addition of palm oil are stored for a long time, can keep their shape due to their tight structure and are inexpensive.
In spite of the fact that palm oil is extracted from plants, its composition is closer to animal fats, as it contains mostly saturated and monounsaturated fatty acids.
In the preparation of fast food dishes, palm oil is beneficial to use, because it does not burn at standard temperatures, like sunflower, and therefore it is possible to cook fried foods without fear of the release of carcinogens. And this is the last good news about palm oil.
It is because of refractoriness that palm oil poses a great danger to a person who uses it constantly. In order to melt the oil, it needs a temperature above 40 degrees, and getting into the stomachs of people, at a temperature of 36.6, it still remains in the form of clay, poorly digested and deposited on the mucous internal organs.
Also, palm oil contains saturated fatty acids and the use of products with the addition of oil increases their content in our organisms five times. As a result, you have an increased cholesterol, the risk of diseases of the cardiovascular system is also increased.
Because of the pleasant taste, palm oil-based products attract customers and the content of this oil is often ignored. From here we have an excess of the caloric content of a food, problems with excess weight and “addict” dependence on sweets.
Palm oil as a part of baby food is of particular danger, since a child’s body with an immature gastrointestinal tract is unable to digest and accept such a heavy product, and is also addictive.
Palm oil contains a large amount of vitamin A, but due to the high melting point of the vitamin is completely destroyed and is not absorbed.
The permissible dose of consumption of palm oil is 10 percent of the daily intake of fat. If it is impossible to completely eliminate the palm oil, it is desirable to minimize the use of this ingredient.
The main products with the addition of palm oil are cookies, candy, chocolate, condensed milk, dairy fat substitutes, crackers, crackers, chips, hamburgers, french fries, corn sticks, mayonnaise, cheese mass, soup mixes, instant noodles.
Healthy Foods for Pregnant Women
Pregnancy is a very important phase of ones’ life and a delicate one too. It is a more crucial phase than parenting. Pregnant women need to eat right to keep fit and to give birth to a healthy baby without any complications.
There are quite a number of foods which are to be avoided during this period. Eating healthy and staying fit is the mantra during pregnancy.
Foods to Avoid During the Time of Pregnancy
- Caffeine: Too much caffeine is not good at the time of pregnancy. It might cause severe harm to babies in the long run and may even cause birth defects and chronic illnesses in adulthood.
- Processed food: Processed food is also a strict no-no in these times as it might not be properly digested and cause complications.
- Unpasteurized milk, cheese, and fruit juice: This stuff might be prone to bacterial contamination and thus might lead to life-threatening consequences to the baby
- Raw or low cooked foods: Low cooked or raw food might again be a prominent source of bacterial contamination thus having high chances of causing severe and life-threatening infections to the unborn baby.
Healthy and Safer Foods to Eat During Pregnancy
Properly cooked food and food hygiene are a key point to remember during pregnancy. At this period it is important that the woman is given food timely and a balanced diet is maintained. The health of the unborn child depends on the health of the mother-to-be.
Some of the foods to be eaten in times of pregnancy include:
- Complex Carbohydrates: Among complex carbohydrates, you can eat legumes, beans, well-cooked vegetables, whole grain bread and the like.
- Proteins: Proteins level recommended is about 75 to 100gms daily and you can take a mixture of different kinds of protein so that it does not feel too bland and monotonous. Especially for women who are underweight or for those whose pregnancy is at a risk due to some factors doctors recommend taking a high amount of protein. However one must make sure that the proteins are well cooked for proper digestion.
- Iron: Iron-rich foods are very important for pregnant women. Iron is less quickly absorbed from plant sources thus it is important to consult a doctor about the food preferences in case the woman is anemic.
- Fibers: Vegetables and most fruits are rich in fibers and it should form a very essential part of the diet for a pregnant woman. This helps to prevent hemorrhoids and constipation, which are very common symptoms at the time of pregnancy. About 20 o 35 grams.
- Salt and fluids: Salts should be taken in moderations however fluids should be taken in a bulk frequently.
- Fats: unhealthy and unsaturated fats should be restricted as much as possible. Certain fishes with omega-3-fatty acids should be a part of the diet too.
All this said, a healthy diet is a must in times of pregnancy, watch what you eat during this time to ensure that your baby gets a healthy environment inside the womb for growth.
How To Lose Weight By Maintaining A Healthy Digestive System
One of the most common, yet least detected ways we are gaining weight is by the food intolerance’s or sensitivities. Digestive trouble is one of the most obvious signals your body sends when it is trying to process a food that you may have an intolerance to. This can include nausea, diarrhea, bloating, inflammation, and cramps. Additional symptoms may comprise of acne, rosacea (a skin disease that causes redness on your nose, cheeks, chin, and forehead.) Click here for a list of foods most likely to cause a reaction. Though frequently compared to food allergies, food intolerances are different in these important ways:
- Can come on very quickly
- A small bite of food can trigger the reaction
- the same food triggers the reaction every time
- Can be life-threatening
- Usually comes on gradually
- May only happen when you eat a lot of the food
- May only happen if you eat the food often
- Is not life-threatening
Digestive trouble can lead to excess weight gain. Whether it is inflammation of the bowels which leads to key nutrients not being absorbed, or slow bowels, a natural remedy is out there for you. If you struggle with any of these symptoms or weight gain even with a proper diet, get tested. The Alcat test is offered at many healthcare facilities. It is a simple blood test that can get you on track to your natural health goals. It works by recognizing which components of food are making your body react in a negative way. The key to a healthy body is a healthy digestive system.
If you’d like to learn more about the ALCAT test and other nutrition tests that can help you evaluate your digestive health, click the button below to set-up time to meet with one of our practitioners!